Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sorry this is going to have to be quick as I am just about to hitch a ride back home for a couple of days. In the meantime please if you are looking for something to do and you'd like to experience a little bit of art in a fun way check out "Hoja" Nov. 1o-11 at the Playhouse in town.

This group came and did a presentation of acapella music at our school (as they may have at yours). These are four Canadian boys with amazing voices, humor, and powerful affirmative messages for youth. I truly enjoyed their presentation and found myself clapping and singing along to modern and traditional acapella pieces.

If you have the money and the time check these guys out. You won't regret it. They had our school (teachers and children) fascinated for at least an hour!

To learn a little more about them check out my link or just click here.

I promise a future note about how to use the music from Canadian acapella group the Nylons in your school pep rally soon. But for now adieu!

5 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Chirtie said...

I saw Hoja a couple of years ago while I was doing my student teaching. It was alot of fun, and made me think of my Mom singing along to our Nylons record when I was little!

I think the guys in Hoja change from year to year, but they are a great act and the kids really do enjoy seeing them!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I also had the opportunity to see Hoja while out on the practicum and have to agree that they were really good! When they did their pretty women act and picked someone to sing to in the audience, well I was that someone! It was a little bit embarassing to be up infront of the whole school but it was also fun!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

Hi Leah,

I saw Hoja last night at the Playhouse. It was a great show! They did a really good job, both singing and entertaining! I also found myself singing along to their music as was the whole audience!

It was nice to see alot of kids there - probably returning from when they saw them at their schools!!! Hope they come back as I would love to take my family next time!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Willow Brown said...

Thanks for recommending this group - sorry I didn't see it sooner. Remember the acappella song I played for you, called "Zombie Jamboree"? I bought the CD when the group of 4 young men from Saskatoon,"Streetnix", performed at the school where I was teaching. I think children find it amazing that the funny noises that get them into trouble can also be arranged to make music!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home